Dr. Chris Eagle, a distinguished health care leader in Alberta, has joined the board of directors of Alberta Bone and Joint Health Institute, effective immediately.
Dr. Eagle is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Calgary Health Trust and the former President and CEO of Alberta Health Services.
“Dr. Eagle is a highly respected health care leader,” Ian Robinson, the board’s chair, said. “His lifelong dedication to bettering public health care services and improving patient outcomes is perfectly aligned with ABJHI’s work in bone and joint health care.”
“His experience leading a prominent philanthropic trust and the largest health care organization in Canada together with his background as a health professional make Dr. Eagle a trusted source of the guidance and governance ABJHI needs as it takes on exciting new challenges in bone and joint care.”
Dr. Eagle said ABJHI has established an impressive track record in working with AHS’s Bone and Joint Health Strategic Clinical Network on conceiving and implementing innovative ways to prevent and treat bone and joint disorders. “ABJHI has established a reputation as a highly effective organization for developing innovative ideas, engaging stakeholders at all levels in adopting innovation, and guiding the changes needed on the front lines to put innovative ideas to work.
“With ABJHI now expanding its role in data collection and analytics to support research and build more knowledge, there is even greater opportunity for health care excellence. I look forward to contributing to this growth and improvement.”
Dr. Eagle joins ABJHI board members Ian Robinson, Chair, Ann McCaig, Honorary Chair, Dr. Don Dick, Vice-Chair, Dr. Roger Palmer, Dr. Marvin Fritzler and Dr. Steven Boyd.
Dr. Chris Eagle’s biography
- Trained as a cardiac anaesthesiologist.
- President and CEO of Calgary Health Trust, professor emeritus at the University of Calgary, and adjunct professor at the University of Alberta, and Royal Roads University, Victoria. Executive in residence to the Royal Roads Health Leadership Program. Academic interests focused on health care quality, safety and leadership.
- Formerly President and CEO of Alberta Health Services.
- President and Chief Operating Officer of Calgary Health Region prior to formation of AHS.
- Served as professor and head of the department of Anaesthesia at the University of Calgary and Chief Examiner and Chair of the Specialty Committee in Anesthesia at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.