Watch this short video to learn how a systems dynamic model for osteoarthritis can help planners and policy makers improve health service delivery in Alberta.
This research is supported by grants from Alberta Innovates Health Solutions, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, and the Arthritis Society of Canada. Dr. Marshall is supported by a Canada Research Chair in Health Systems and Services Research, and the Arthur J. E. Child Chair in Rheumatology.[su_video url=”http://albertaboneandjoint.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Mad-minute-OA.mp4″ title=”OA-World: A Flight Simulator for Policy Makers” width=”780″ height=”439″]
ABJHI collaborates on Dr. Deborah Marshall’s research into building a mathematical model of osteoarthritis care in Alberta.
Produced by: Lina Burgos-Liz
Principal Investigator: Dr. Deborah Marshall
- Marshall DA, Vanderby S, Barnabe C, MacDonald K, Maxwell C, Mosher D, Wasylak T, Lix L, Enns E, Frank C, Noseworthy T. Estimating the burden of osteoarthritis to plan for the future. Arth Care and Res. Oct 2015 67(10): 1379-86.
- Marshall DA, Burgos Liz L, IJzerman MJ, Crown W, Padula WV, Wong PK, Pasupathy KS, Higashi MK, Osgood ND, ISPOR Emerging Good Practices Task Force. Selecting a dynamic simulation modeling method for health care delivery research – Part 2. Report of the ISPOR Dynamic Simulation Modeling Application in Health Care Delivery Research Emerging Good Practices Task Force. Value in Health. March 2015 18(2): 147-160.
- Marshall DA, Burgos-Liz L, IJzerman MJ, Osgood ND, Padula WV, Higashi MK, Wong PK,, Pasupathy K, Crown W. Applying Dynamic Simulation Modeling Methods in Health Care Delivery Research—The SIMULATE Checklist: An ISPOR Emerging Good Practices Task Force Report. Value in Health 2015, 18(1): 5 – 16.
- Vanderby SA, Carter MW, Noseworthy T, Marshall DA. Modeling the complete continuum of care using system dynamics: the case of osteoarthritis in Alberta. Journal of Simulation February 2015; 9(2): 156-169.
- Marshall DA, Rogers P, Rohleder T, Vanderby S. System dynamics modeling: A decision support tool to improve care for hip & knee osteoarthritis. Institute for Health Economics, March 2010. ISBN Print 978-1-897443-66-8; ISBN Online 978-1-897443-67-5.