Position: Project Coordinator
Location: NW Calgary
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000 as per qualifications
NOTE: This is a one-year term with the possibility of renewal pending funding availability
Date Posted: December 10, 2019
Nature of Work
Reporting to the Director of Administrative Operations, the successful incumbent will work closely with our Project Mangers to help deliver projects on time, within budget and meet high quality standards. The successful incumbent will act as a champion in the promotion and adoption of evidence-based best practices in bone and joint care continuums and will have frequent interactions with multiple stakeholders, including government agencies, health administrators, and medical professionals.
Occasional day travel within Alberta may be required to collaborate with partners and stakeholders on various projects.
Operating within a team environment the Project Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Ownership of administrative aspects of all projects;
- Provide comprehensive project coordination throughout the life cycle of the project;
- Monitor project progress, update project information, and provide comprehensive reports based on direction from the Project Management team;
- Development and distribution of all data and status reports for each project;
- Coordination of all project meetings and administrative tasks associated with those meetings;
- Effectively promote the vision and mission of the Institute to all stakeholders, including the public;
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with other team members and stakeholders; and,
- Develop collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Accountable for completion of assigned deliverables on time and on budget;
- Participate in internal quality improvement processes;
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders;
- Contribute meaningfully to design of the organization’s quality improvement processes;
- Perform other duties and tasks, as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree;
- 2 years relevant work experience in project management coordination, or management;
- Experience should include implementation of change and relationship building;
- Effective and strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with competing deadlines;
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and good judgement;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, to self-manage workload pressures and manage multiple simultaneous deadlines in a results-oriented environment.