Alberta Health Services has just launched a new Rehabilitation Advice Line, 1-833-379-0563, accessible to Albertans over the age of 18, who:
- Have existing disabilities related to neurological conditions (e.g.: Parkinson’s, spinal cord injury, Multiple Sclerosis, brain injury, stroke)
- Have existing health conditions that affect muscles, bones, and joints – including those awaiting or recovering from surgery
- Are recovering from COVID-19
The Rehabilitation Advice Line gives callers information about:
- Activities and exercises that help with physical concerns
- Strategies to manage the day-to-day activities affected by these concerns
- Rehabilitation services that are open for in-person and/or virtual visits
- Community-based organizations
An Alberta-only line, the Rehabilitation Advice line will be answered by allied health clinicians and will operate every day from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Calls outside this time will be redirected to Health Link (811).
The Rehabilitation Advice line is a collaborative effort by Allied Health Professional Practice and Education, Allied Health Zone Operations, the Neurosciences, Rehabilitation & Vision Strategic Clinical Network (SCN), the Bone and Joint Health SCN, and Health Link.