Location: Calgary, AB
Job Type: 0.4 FTE
Duration: 1-year term agreement (with the possibility of renewal pending funding availability)
Posted: April 30, 2019
About the Organization
Established in 2004 by Dr. Cy Frank and Bud McCaig, the Alberta Bone and Joint Health Institute (ABJHI) is an independent registered charity with offices in Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta who works closely with partners throughout the health care system to identify service delivery improvement opportunities to provide better bone and joint health care for all Albertans.
For over 12 years, ABJHI has been a trusted and confidential partner with doctors, clinicians, and Alberta Health Services to collect and analyze highly sensitive patient data in a secure and protected manner. ABJHI uses data analytics and quality improvement methods to provide clinicians and frontline staff with actionable, evidence-based recommendations that improve health outcomes for Albertans.
Improving Lives Through Better Bones, Better Joints, Better Being.
Bone and Joint Health Affects us all – 1 in 5 Albertans seek treatment for bone and joint problems each year. These conditions have a huge impact on their quality of life, economic productivity and costs the healthcare system over $4.6 billion annually.
Our goal is to create a platform for an innovative and sustainable bone and joint health care model that is patient-centered and significantly improves access, quality and efficiency; and to advance research and knowledge to ensure optimal patient care. Our work is dedicated to improving Albertans’ health and wellness, regardless of age, social condition or location from health care facilities.
Reporting to Director of Operations (Administrative), and working closely with the Board of Directors, and staff, the Donor Engagement Director is responsible for the strategic development and implementation of a sustainable, high quality, innovative fundraising program that generates significant annual revenue in support of the Alberta Bone and Joint Health Registry.
- Oversee and maintain a sustainable strategic fundraising plan with measurable outcomes;
- Collaborate with Senior Management and the Board of Directors to create fundraising strategies which support achievement of our mission;
- Manage annual fundraising policies, processes, and programs;
- Help identify potential new donors and cultivate existing partnerships;
- Accountability for the fundraising budget including revenue forecasting;
- Build and manage a broad portfolio of donors and prospects through referrals, events, personal engagement, and proposals;
- Advise on the implementation of technology and communication tools that support and enable fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience within the market;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the charitable donation sector as a fundraiser, with the demonstrated ability to raise significant funds through a personal portfolio;
- Exemplary skill in process design and written communication;
- Working understanding of Canada Revenue Agency policies and procedures and ethical fundraising approaches and guidelines;
- CFRE designation is considered an asset;
- High degree of initiative, proficiency, and efficiency working with time sensitive and confidential information;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills